TRANSFER AWAY FROM REGISTER.COM
For those that need help with transferring their website domain from Register.com to GoDaddy, here’s the link to a how-to page on GoDaddy.com…. conveniently copied here for your convenience.
Read More »
Before you can transfer your domain name registered with Register.com to us, you need to prepare your domain name so it will successfully complete the transfer process. You must make sure of the following before you begin:
- The domain name has been registered at Register.com for at least 60 days.
- The domain name contact information has not been changed within 60 days.
Once you ensure that the domain is eligible for transfer, you must follow the basic steps for preparing a domain for transfer before you can begin the process with us:
|Step in the Process
|Disable privacy settings
- If your domain has Private Registration, a service that hides your personal information from the public, you will not be able to confirm your admin email address in the Whois database. Contact your current registrar to disable the private registration.
|Confirm administrative contact info
- As part of the transfer process, GoDaddy emails the Administrative Contact at the address listed in the Whois database. This email contains the Transaction ID, Security Code, and instructions that are used to approve the transfer.
- By default, most domains are locked to prevent unauthorized transfers. Before a transfer is requested, the lock must be removed and the status verified as “Off.”
|Obtain authorization code
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
Disable privacy settings
- As with most registries, you will need to contact Register.com directly for assistance removing privacy.
Confirm administrative contact information
- Log on to your account at Register.com.
- Click the domain you want to transfer.
- Under the My Account section, click Contact Information.
- Under the Administrative Contact section, click Edit.
- Update the contact information, click Continue, and then click Continue again to confirm Whois changes.
NOTE: Changes to contact information may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
NOTE: If your domain is already unlocked, skip ahead to the Obtain Authorization Code section.
- Click the domain you want to unlock.
- From the Enable/Disable Domain Lock section, click Disable Domain Lock.
- Click Continue, then click Continue again on the confirmation page.
Obtain Authorization Code
NOTE: Some domain name extensions, primarily country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), do not require an authorization code.
- Click the domain you need an authorization code for.
- Click Obtain Auth Info Code at the bottom of the page and click Continue Transfer.
- You will receive a warning message. Select the acknowledge box and click Continue Transfer again.
- Fill out the mandatory fields, then click Request Authorization Code. Your authorization code request will be verified.
NOTE: Your code will be sent to your email address within 4 – 5 days.
Once you’ve completed these basic steps at Register.com, you’ll need to shift your attention over to GoDaddy to complete the process by purchasing a domain name transfer and authorizing the transfer to us.
Purchase Domain Name Transfer
You must purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We send an email message to the domain name’s administrative contact after you purchase the transfer. The email contains the transfer IDs (transaction ID and security code) you’ll need to authorize the transfer in to your account with us.
NOTE: If the extension you want to transfer is not listed, you cannot transfer the domain name to us.
When you purchase the transfer, select one of the following nameserver options:
- Keep the existing nameservers — If you have a hosted website for your domain name (with us or another company), select this option to ensure that your site does not go down during the transfer.
- Change … to park nameservers — If you have an email account with us for the domain name, are using our Off-site DNS, or if you’ve created a Premium DNS transfer template prior to the transfer, select this option. For more information, see Managing Domain Names with Off-site DNS and
Authorize Domain Name Transfer to Us
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers.
- Click Authorize transfer.
- Click Add now.
- In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the transfer IDs we sent to the administrative contact’s (admin) email address, and then click Add.
NOTE: If you did not receive transfer IDs, click Resend Transfer IDs.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the Basic tab, and then enter the Authorization Code from the current registrar (if applicable) in the field next to your domain name.
- Select the Bulk tab, and then enter one domain name and its authorization code per line. Separate each domain name from its authorization code with a comma, space, or tab.
- Select I authorize the transfer…, and then click Finish.
- Click OK.
NOTE: For most domain name extensions, a transfer between registrars takes five to seven days from the time you authorize it. The process and time required for transfer completion can vary for certain extensions, such as country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs). For more information, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names), and then click the Help article for your extension.
I recently embraced the use of VINE for marketing promotions, PR and business development. I’m the type of guy that can always find a way to make something practical, but VINE for the 30-something marketer…. definitely out of the box.
What is Vine?
Vine is a mobile service that lets you create and share short looping videos. Videos you post to Vine will appear on your Vine profile and the timelines of your Vine followers. Posts can also be shared to Twitter or Facebook. (straight from Vine’s website (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170317 – yes, Twitter owns VINE!). For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IDEAS:
1. VINE video introduction showcasing staff. Or do just for new team members. Remember those cool witty interview type bios that started trending in mid-2000s… VINE video will take that highlighting favorite color, clothes, music, artistic style, etc. to a whole new level (yes, it’s okay to have the dog in there too!)
2. For your publicists – witty poignant VINE video interviews of your thought leading CEOs / CMOs
3. Entertainment – why not think of VINE as a new way to create special threatical release TRAILER for your film or new take before DVD release…..
4. Hey you recording label reps and music executives…. MTV video (check), Vimeo/YouTube (check)… why not special release out-takes or special “VINE only” video
5. Cause marketing executives and PR pros – make your “cause” that more real by highlighting the impact you are making with a cool VINE vid showcasing a “1-minute in the life of the org”
The list goes on…. interested in ideas for your business? Hit me up @broekman or call 818-212-9201 or worse than that, hire me!
How do I get started?
Vine is currently available for iOS/iPhones and Android devices. You can download Vine for iOS in the Apple App Store, and Vine for Android in the Google Play Store. After installing Vine on your device, you can sign up using an email address or sign in with your Twitter account. Once you’ve logged in, you can find people to follow, post your own videos, and more.
How do I find people I know on Vine?
You can quickly find people you know on Vine through your device’s address book and people you follow on Twitter. You can also search for people on Vine or invite them via text message or email. To get started, tap the menu button in the top left corner, select “Profile”, and then tap the button with two people on it in the top right corner.
For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
TIPS to getting most out of VINE experience
Read More »
– Use a tripod or at least have a steady hand
– Understand the goals of what you are trying to capture
– Research “ghost feature” for stop motion if that applies to your video!
– You don’t need to shoot ALL at once – take your time and have fun
– Time lapse videos – test out your iphone tapping to make sure you’re capturing what you want!
– FYI, you can get 140 taps into one VINE or that’s almost 24 frames per second! Don’t tap too hard!
– Per Ian Padgham (@origiful), Video Producer at Twitter…..
“After finishing your Vine video and tapping the check icon, you end up on the share screen.
At this point, you can still tap back (left facing arrow in the top left corner of the screen)
to review your video. You can also close the app and go to your Photo Gallery – a video file of
your video will already be saved to your phone. Reviewing before posting is always a smart idea
and can help you avoid posting a clip you might want to redo.”
Specializing in Marketing for Attorneys, Law Firms & Legal Industry Professionals
BRANDING & IDENTITY CAMPAIGNS
Establishing strong a brand image is an important factor in “winning” the online branding unofficial card. Yes, having an establishing firm logo that stands the test of time coupled with an impeccable reputation will certainly keep your firm pumping. For those of you branching off large firms and creating your own firm, we can help you build that new logo / business card / letterhead package. For those firms that feel their logo has become old and stale, we can refresh your identity with a 2013/2014 touch; sometimes it’s all about repackaging.
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT & SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
Bringing corporate branding, graphic design, copywriting, online marketing, search engine optimization and social media to law firms. We’ll help you repackage your website… we’ll teach your marketing department all the tricks… we’ll train you on why keywords are good copywriting and a solid home page are really important…. AND help you advertise your firm without an advertising budget or spend!!!
COACHING & IN-HOUSE SEMINARS
With over 4 years experience helping entrepreneurs, 2-3 partners, small businesses and medium-sized companies take themselves to the next level…. we are here to share best practices, visionary marketing, business development/sales planning and marketing execution & implementation.
PAST CLIENTS / REPRESENTATIONS
Kleinman & Associates Website
Staging for NEW website for Ronen Kleinman’s firm.
Margulies Faith Law Website
Having created original website for The Margulies Law Firm, developed new branding effort for partners Craig Margulies and Jeremy Faith who joined forces in 2012. Identity Campaign includes: Logo, Business cards, letterhead, communication templates and a brand new website with SEO.
Landsberg & Associates Website
New identity & branding effort for 15+ year Bankruptcy law firm
Childers and Partners Website
Launched branding campaign for industry expert John Childers, law firm consultancy
Resch Polster Berger LLP Website
Developed and launched new brand identity and website for Sunset Blvd. Law Firm that specializes in Real Estate, Business Litigation, and Intellectual Property. Responsible for strategy, copywriting, graphic design, art direction, photography, user interface, coding/programming, and optimization. Developed CMS system using WordPress. View at www.RPBlaw.com.
Peitzman Kempinsky Weg LLC Website
Revamped and relaunched firm website for Century City-based law firm specializing in Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Real Estate. Worked with senior partners to design and launch new user interface, give facelift to entire website, and completely restructure content management system. Responsible for strategy, graphic design, art direction, new user interface, coding/programming (coldfusion), and extensive backend database work. View at www.PWKllp.com.
Reisner & King Branding
New firm consulting. Advisory to brand development and online marketing. Identity campaign include logo development, business cards, letterhead and envelopes
Read More »
QR codes (or Quick Response codes) are those awesome bar code looking boxes you have been seeing everywhere from posters, magazine ads, theatrical billboards and juice boxes (yes, I have kids).
Using a cool APP QR Code Reader (like this one in iTunes) on your mobile device (yes including your iPhone 5) or tablet (okay fine, your iPad mini or iPad 2), you’ll be able to READ that bar code that is storing…..
- WEB URLs for quick & easy jump to your company’s or organization’s website
- PROMO codes for deals, coupons
- Special WEBSITE LANDING PAGES to promote special events, deals, press and more
- Phone numbers or email addresses so that your visitors can find out WHO TO RSVP for that party
- Or ANY INFORMATION for those participating in your ONLINE or brick-and-mortar Scavenger Hunt.
FOLKS, it’s time to get serious as QR codes can store up to 4296 characters!!! That’s a lot of words!!
As QRStuff puts it = “Think “print-based hypertext links” and you’ll get the idea.”
Speaking of QR Stuff,
I dig their QR Code creator.
4 EASY STEPS.
With their free version you get access to basic QR code great
for Web, email & social media.
When you need something HIGHER RESOLUTION for PRINT & GRAPHIC DESIGN needs, then I turn to QR Code Generator . Just login and create account and you can customize the pixel size to whatever you need!!!!!! http://www.the-qrcode-generator.com
Read More »