Monthly Archives: February 2014
We recently set up a few new accounts with GoDaddy and have had an overall really positive experience with the revamping of all WEB HOSTING packages. We understand how some found GoDaddy’s custom interfaces confusing, well now Godaddy has leveled the playing field with a really nice User Interface including Linux Web Hosting with cPanel, Windows Server 2012 Hosting with Parallels Plesk Panel. Gone is the pure Linux vs Windows with GoDaddy’s backend (unless you have an existing account like me… yes, we are SOL until we set up a new plan!!!). 🙂
BUT, definitely ADDED VALUE.
1) Free Domain with purchase to get you started with your business, non-profit or organization
2) The email plans we were so use to buying and then having to upgrade to get imap support for iphones/ipads now is INCLUDED within your plan. Those emails, while they may show up in your Email Module, are actually TIED 100% to your hosting. If you cancel or switch hosting, and need to configure again, BE MINDFUL THAT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS as they are TIED TO YOUR HOSTING cPanel or Plesk!!!! I lost emails twice over the weekend without knowing this relatively new feature. GONE are the days of upgrading the 1 user 1GB account to a 2gb 2 user account or the recent 10 accounts for unlimited space!!! GONE!
3) Definitely the newbies entering the GoDaddy space will by far benefit from these packages. It’s those of us who have set up 200, 300, nay, 400+ accounts and are so used to our old medieval ways…. we must CHANGE and w w w . M O V E O N . c o m.
Yes, go with the flow. We are not old yet. We can handle a few more of these. Don’t give up. Still the best in customer service overall…. even with the mishaps. They make up for it in the end.
We as developers MUST prepare better communication with our clients
* Predict what issues may arise by laying down a launch plan and play an active role in the IT / back-end aspects (don’t get scared)- once you have the foundation it will be copy/paste/repeat again;
* Expect the unexpected (yes, weird glitches can happen with ANY hosting company; still best UP TIME across the board);
* Overcome the problems by presenting solutions.
* Own your mistakes and don’t be quick to just blame GoDaddy (or Bluehost or Network Solutions). Sometimes the error is on us. Clients appreciate honesty and transparency and not the finger pointing. 🙂
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Storyopolis Art signs legendary Classic Rock band artist Marc Lacourciere
Collection includes Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles,
The Rolling Stones, Foreigner, Kid Rock & ZZ Top
DALLAS, Texas, February 18, 2014 – Storyopolis Art is proud to announce that it has inked a deal to represent and showcase artist Marc Lacourciere, one of the world’s most sought after music fine artists. Marc Lacourciere’s Classic Rock Band Collection includes some of the world’s top music talents of the past six decades. The latest series features approved endorsed legendary musical artists including: Aerosmith, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, The Doors, Eric Clapton, Foreigner, Heart, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kid Rock, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones and ZZ Top.
Storyopolis Art, with its unique and limited collection, is home to an amazingly diverse group of world-renowned artists. The mission of Storyopolis has always been to feed the minds of those young and young at heart by showcasing the art & novels of the imaginative artists they represent. Storyopolis is best known for its Los Angeles/Hollywood connections and collections. His work can be seen here on Storyopolis Art at http://www.storyopolisart.com/searchresults_lacourciere.php
Storyopolis founder/owner Matthew Abramowitz shared, “Marc’s passion for music combined with his extraordinary artistic talent attests to his brilliant execution – he absolutely nails creating the ultimate expression of musical performance art. With Marc’s relationship with talent and our ability to bring Hollywood to his doorstep, we expect to have an amazing collaboration.”
Marc’s latest series features legendary musical artists from the past several decades. These amazing paintings include many of the crowning names in Rock n’ Roll history, from The Beatles and legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix, to a wide variety of musicians and bands (see list below). He has captured the very essence of the performers through precise expressions and truthful performance gestures. Each painting has been approved, scrutinized and critiqued for authenticity before they are released. He has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, Speed TV, as well as a variety of high profile publications throughout the US, depicting his artwork on their covers as the most detailed and expressive artist in the industry. His meteoric rise to the top of the art world has driven past works to dramatically rise in value and be highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts alike. His work can be seen here on Storyopolis Art at http://www.storyopolisart.com/searchresults_lacourciere.php
Marc Lacourciere stated, “I have worked with numerous galleries in the past who have promised the world. So far, I have not met anyone with Matthew’s [Abramowitz] passion for taking artists like me to the next level. We see a real marriage between Storyopolis’s entertainment audience and my rock collection. I appreciate Matthew’s enthusiasm and have already benefited from knowledge of the field.”
Storyopolis Art, with its unique and limited collection, is home to an amazingly diverse group of world-renowned artists. The mission of Storyopolis has always been to feed the minds of those young and young at heart by showcasing the art & novels of the imaginative artists they represent. Storyopolis is best known for its Los Angeles/Hollywood connections and collections.
Marc Lacourciere’s Class Rock Band Collection includes some of the world’s top music talents of the past six decades. The latest series features legendary musical artists including:
Livin’ on the Edge
THE ROLLING STONES
ABOUT STORYOPOLIS ART
Founded in Los Angeles in 1999 and with relocation to Dallas in 2009, Storyopolis Art is a collector’s paradise for contemporary art and original illustrations from children’s picture books. Storyopolis Art offers experienced collectors access to sought after pieces. In addition, its online gallery offers a visually stimulating and fun exploration for the beginning collector starting to define his/her taste. When you own a piece from the unique collection at Storyopolis Art, (whose pieces have historically increased in value) you are acquiring pieces that will become cherished family heirlooms. With ties to Hollywood as backdrop to countless movies and TV shows, Storyopolis has a worldwide, respected vintage collection of illustrated art, featuring such artists as Jules Feiffer, Gennady Spirin, William Joyce and Tim Burton. For more information regarding Storyopolis Art, please visit www.StoryopolisArt.com.