Monthly Archives: June 2014
How to share
With Google Drive, you can share files — like documents, images, and PDFs — without having to email them as attachments. Sharing is as easy as indicating which email addresses or mailing lists should have access to a given file.
Share a file with an email address or mailing list
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Check the box next to the file or folder you’d like to share.
Click the Share icon.
- Choose a visibility option: “Private,” “Anyone with the link” or “Public on the web.”
- Type the email addresses of the people you want to share with in the text box below “Add people.” You can add a single person or a mailing list.
- Choose the access level from the drop-down menu next to each collaborator: “Can view,” “Can comment,” or “Can edit.”
- Click Share & save.
Share a file with a non-Google Account
If you want to share a file with someone who uses a non-Google Account, there are a few things to consider:
- When you share the file with a non-Google Account, the user you’re sharing with will receive an invitation with a link to open and view it. The user will then be prompted to sign in to, or sign up for, a Google Account to be able to edit the file. Google Docs, Slides and Drawings files can be previewed without the user having to sign-in.
- The invitation you send to the non-Google Account is valid for 14 days. Within that time period, the recipient can forward the invitation to other people, who will also be able view the file, and if they sign into a Google Account, edit or comment on it. You’ll be asked to agree to this when you first share the file.
- If you re-open the sharing box, you’ll see a icon next to the non-Google Account(s) you’ve shared with, as well as the number of people who have used the invitation to work with the file. Note that users who see a preview of Google Docs, Slides, and Drawings without signing into a Google Account won’t be counted in the sharing box.
If you use Drive at work or school, you can only share files to people without Google Accounts if your administrator has allowed this. Also, those users will need to sign in to a Google Account to view the file, as well as to comment or edit on it.
Send a link to a shared file
If you’ve set a file or folder to “Anyone with the link” or “Public,” you can send the link to another person and they’ll be able to access it.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Check the box next to the file or folder you’d like to share.
Click the Share icon .
- Copy the link at the top of the sharing settings.
- Send the link to another person or mailing list in an email or chat.
Send a file as an email attachment
Google Drive eliminates the need to send files as email attachments, but if you absolutely must, here’s how:
- Open the file you’d like to share.
- Go to the File menu, and select Email as attachment….
- Select a file type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email addresses of the people to whom you’d like to send the file. If you’d like, you can also add a subject and a message.
- Click Send. Recipients will receive the file as a downloadable attachment in the format you’ve selected.
Tips for sharing in Google Drive
Notify people when you share something
Whenever you share something with someone, they’ll receive an email notification to let them know they have access and can retrieve what you shared the next time they sign into Google Drive. Prefer not to notify them? Uncheck the “Notify people via email” box.
Add lots of collaborators quickly by sharing with a Google Group
Rather than type your collaborators’ email addresses one-by-one, add an entire Google Group. Each member of that Google Group will have access to whatever you’ve shared, including people who are added to the group after you’ve shared something. This option isn’t available for mailing lists that aren’t Google Groups.
Share lots of files at once
If you want to share multiple items with your collaborators, move them into a folder and share the folder with them. Since you’re sharing the folder, that’s their key to access. They’ll be able to access whatever’s stored there or lose access if you remove something that they don’t already have access to.
There is some fantastic content here. Instead of “wasting time” recreating content, I know that time is of the essence to get valuable information out to those in need – YOU. From small business teams, non-profits and start-ups, we get it. Resources are key. AND you can’t pay guys like us for everything.
READ UP BELOW!
One of the best ways to learn about marketing on Twitter is through real examples from small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Recently, we spoke with a group of these companies about how they use Twitter as a business tool, the results they’ve seen, and their tips for success.
We partnered with research firm DB5 to survey 1100 SMB owners and employees in the U.S. Those surveyed work on their company’s digital marketing strategy, and are active Twitter users and advertisers. Visual.ly helped us create an infographic to detail the full survey results, which revealed that SMBs see Twitter as an effective marketing tool that enables them to accomplish their advertising goals.
Click on image for shareable version
Interestingly, two-thirds (66%) of respondents believe that they have not yet fully maximized their Twitter presence. As a result, we’ve created a number of educational tools to help SMBs best leverage Twitter:
Once you’ve mastered the fundamentals of Twitter, you can also use Twitter Ads to better connect with your target audience and amplify your organic strategy. Learn more about how Twitter Ads can help your business here.
PLUGIN DOWNLOAD: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wordpress-seo.22.214.171.124.zip
This is by far MY MOST USED wordpress plugin since 2011. It’s goal is to improves your website SEO.
PLUGIN DOWNLOAD: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/google-sitemap-generator.4.0.5.zip
Google XML Sitemaps WordPress Plugin is an amazing tool that generates the special XML sitemap that, when it is constantly submitted and resubmitted to search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com, better index your website and your blog.
For indexing our web pages faster and easier, we must need to provide a guidance to search engines with the sitemap file.
With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs.
Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
All in One SEO Pack is a WordPress SEO plugin to automatically optimize your WordPress blog for Search Engines such as Google.
This is the one of the competitive WordPress plugins side by side with WordPress SEO by Yoast!
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration. W3 Total Cache is the advanced version of WP Super Cache. If you know what you’re doing, it can be a powerful tool. If you’re like me with trial & error, you can also DESTROY a site’s performance. SO make sure to hire someone with experience instead of learning the hard way!
VERSUS THE ONE THAT’S EASIER OUT OF THE BOX….
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is a plugin for WordPress that generates static HTML pages from your dynamic WordPress blog. Once static pages are generated, those pages are displayed to visitors, using less server resources than dynamic webpages. Plugin allows your website to handle more simultaneous visitors and also typically loads much faster than without the caching plugin.
Breadcrumb NavXT, the successor to the popular WordPress plugin Breadcrumb Navigation XT, was written from the ground up to be better than its ancestor. This plugin generates locational breadcrumb trails for your WordPress powered blog or website. These breadcrumb trails are highly customizable to suit the needs of just about any website running WordPress. The Administrative interface makes setting options easy, while a direct class access is available for theme developers and more adventurous users.
SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress SEO plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.
ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your images to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match.
TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when mouse is over the image.
Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site.
Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site by using custom post types and 301 redirects.
It adds a new custom post type to your Admin menu, where you can create, edit, delete, and manage URLs. It stores click counts in the form of a custom field on that custom post type, so it scales really well.
And by avoiding page based redirects, which is the current trend in masking affiliate links, we avoid any issues with permalink conflicts, and therefore avoid any performance issues.
FREE SEO AUDIT
What’s My SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
Read More »