BROEKMAN communications is a 10+ year Linkedin Marketing Agency specializing in setting up your personal profile, Company Pages, Slideshare, Groups, Showcase Pages, Sponsored Updates and LinkedIn Ads.
Use posting to share your professional expertise, experiences and anecdotes with your connections and the larger community.
Posts are a quick way of staying connected with your community.
Any posts you share will be broadcasted to your connections’ feeds on their LinkedIn homepage.
Text for posting is limited to 1300 characters, or about five lines.
All LinkedIn members can post updates on LinkedIn.
You’ll see this on top of your dashboard when you login: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/
A pop up appears enabling you to plug in
- Your content – remember to keep it short. Shorter the better. 1-2-3 sentences top.
- Tag (@InsertName) individuals and companies if relevant shares with those people/organizations and increases chances of engagement (likes, comments, shares)
- Include hashtags (#inserthashtag i.e. #RealEstatePublicity). If it is a popular hashtag it will appear in BOLD like this Real Estate Publicity
- Include the URL of the article or blog post you are commenting about… the featured image and title should automatically appear. If not you’ll have the chance to manually upload an image.
Back in January 2014, Linkedin opened its publishing platform called the Pulse to the general public. I remember because I helped launched my wife’s persona on the platform just in time to see 1000 plus likes on her first post right after New Years 2014. Today we’ve helped countless clients launch their writing careers and thought leadership campaigns using this.
Articles allow members to write in-depth about their professional expertise – challenges they’ve faced, opportunities they’ve seized, important trends in their industry, etc.
Articles are typically longer than posts, and have no limits on word count (though the best received articles are usually longer than three paragraphs).
Articles can only be published by members who have publishing capabilities.
- Click Write an article near top of the home page. This takes you to the publishing tool!
- Cover Image – Appears at the top of your article and is the first thing anyone sees! Make it an enticing image! Linkedin: How-To
– Need help with images? Highly recommend you create an account with Canva where you can create custom blog images (or Facebook or Instagram images or blog posts images!). SIGN UP NOW!
- Click Headline field to type in your TITLE of article
- Click the Write here to get the body of the your article / blog post / thought piece included
- Add rich media elements to your article – Linkedin how-to click here
- Click the Publish button
- After you hit Publish, you’ll see a SHARE screen that says “You’re almost done…”
This key function is to share your article. You’ll plug in your teaser for your article (i.e. Linkedin is a central part of our Lead Generation, Thought Leadership, Building Personas/profiles and Business Development funnel…)
- You’ll also have the chance to add 3 Categories / Tags to associate your post!