We spent the past 16 months developing an amazing podcast called The Restaurant Dealmaker Show for the largest Restaurant Brokerage in California, Restaurant Realty Company. We’ve been working with the company’s founder and senior leadership to expand our thought leadership/PR program as well as compliment the founder’s best selling book of the same title.
Hosted by restaurant industry veteran Steve Zimmerman, Principal Broker and Founder of Restaurant Realty, The Restaurant Dealmaker Show is an intimate series of interviews (aka 1-on-1 fireside chats) with restaurant owners, managers,investors and high profile industry clientele sharing their restaurant deal making experiences, success stories, challenges, and more. To see upcoming and past episodes, please visit https://restaurantdealmaker.com/.
Since launching in January 2022, we’ve produced 15 Episodes with some amazing guests yielding 100,000+ views between live in-person Zoom webinars, broadcasting live to Facebook and YouTube, and replays via On-demand, YouTube and Facebook.
YouTube – see the views here: https://www.youtube.com/@RestaurantRealtyCompany/videos
Facebook – see the views here: https://www.facebook.com/restaurantrealty/videos
INTERESTED in a being a guest? We’ve already booked July, August and September 2023…. Reach out to Producer Jeremy Broekman at Jeremy@BroekmanComm.com.
Podcasts, webinars and digital meet-ups are part of our normal Thought Leadership arsenal as they give numerous ways for gaining visibility, teasing keynote content, showcasing speaker communication style and demonstrate proof of concept.
We often push our enterpreneurial C-Suite leaders to publish posts and articles on Linkedin as a method of delivering tailored communication showcasing their expertise on a variety of subjects in their industry. As well, we stress digital marketing strategies like Blog posting on the client WordPress blog as a core way to improve their search in Google and Bing, create visibility online, and improving their website organic ranking. Lastly, we also push sharing of the Linkedin article/Blog post article on a multitude of platforms like Medium, which create an extensive reach and expands the network. Posting articles on other thought leader blogs and referencing their articles also creates critical back links back to the client’s website.
In the case of promoting books and showcasing strategic leaders, we also push exploration of strategic community organization partnerships where clients can/should promote their keynote/book/expertise. Approach individuals, companies and mission-aligned membership organizations will help win exposure and visibility and play a part in long term return on engagement and overall success. Lastly, partnering with key events or organizations also creates opportunities for them to act as a referral source and/or to find organic brand ambassadors along the exploration path.
Event Production Experience
In addition to planning numerous fundraisers and Galas with budgets ranging from $20,000-$100,000 and yielding between $200k-500k in revenue, we also have successfully launched 60+ Zoom events, retreats, summits, leadership collaboration, meetings and more since Covid.
Before any collaboration, we sit down with your marketing, PR and senior leadership to reverse engineer a plan of action that takes into account our desired outcomes be it revenue, PR, exposure or flexing.
No event happens without…
- Cultivation of a core database of individuals, organizations and corporations to target for relationship building for speaking engagements, promotion, sales, fundraising raising awareness, and sharing our story.
- Development of key partnerships for maximum exposure and visibility.
- Define budget for advertising to reach maximize amount of people and gain best return on investment
- Define budget for social media advertising for raising awareness of our organizations and target sympathizers and core influencers
- Outreach for speaking engagements, keynoting to right conferences and gain articles on the right platforms, and, of course,
- Plan and produce a solid top of the line event that is expeditiously launched with meticulous detail, marketed the RIGHT way, promoted to the right people, successfully populated with those who will influence its success and surround yourself with the right publicity team to capitalize on it via social media, YouTube, PR, news/trade, TV/radio, etc.
At Broekman, we have experience collaborating with both authors and book publishers to promote upcoming books. In the case of those who self-publishing, our programs include:
- Advance praise and strategic Forward pre-publishing will ensure positive influence and higher return of engagement during promotional period of book
- Pre-sales pre-order and review solicitation programs (ideally sphere of influence 100+ people).
- Sending out Advanced Reader Copies to strategic writers, influencers, editors, bloggers, etc. for exposure and reviews.
- Some clients benefit from Kirkus Review or Publisher’s Weekly, etc.
- Niche clients should also pursue advance praise from ‘Reviews of Books’ organizations and niche Book Councils for advanced praise.
- Explore advertising for exposure included sponsored blast email.
- Explore targeted author readings, Zoom engagements and event sponsorship/participation in community organizations, universities and key non-profits and mission-aligned organizations.
- Develop series of press releases and service them through partner Press Associations as well as our Broekman JWire service targeted Media.
- Distributing blast emails targeting strategic communities is key to the right kind of exposure is key to good visibility with ROI and ROE in mind.