Tag Archives: customer service app
Voice messaging tool for your website, blog or podcast
Increase interaction with your audience
Add SpeakPipe to your website and visitors will be able to send you voice messages from anywhere on your website by simply clicking on a button. No phone calls are required. You can use a custom button or the SpeakPipe side button. SpeakPipe also provides a hosted voicemail page, so you can receive voice messages without installing anything on your website.
Easy for visitors to send a message
Visitors don’t need a SpeakPipe account to send you voicemail. A message can be sent with just a few clicks without typing anything. Visitors can listen to their recording before sending it. The widget allows them to record messages as many times as they want, so they can practice before sending it to you.
Get visitors’ contact details
Visitors have the option of entering their contact information before sending a message. By default these fields are optional but you can make them mandatory to make sure visitors leave their info, so you can email or call them back.
Grow your email list
You can integrate SpeakPipe with your Aweber or Mailchimp account and get new subscribers into your email list each time someone sends you a voice message through SpeakPipe. More integrations are coming soon.
Voice messages delivered right into your email inbox
With SpeakPipe you can receive notifications about new voice messages via email. An email notification contains a private link to the message, the sender’s name and the email address and the URL of the page from where the message was sent. You can listen to the message and reply without signing into your SpeakPipe account.
Reply to messages using your voice
You can send a voice reply to a message from your audience. With SpeakPipe you can send personalized voice greetings to your readers, listeners and subscribers. It’s more engaging to receive voice messages and your audience will love to receive voice messages from you.
Works on mobile devices
Visitors can send you voice messages from your website using the SpeakPipe app on their iPhone or iPad. Also, the SpeakPipe app allows you to listen and reply to messages on your mobile device.
Easy access to all your voice messages
Messages are stored within your SpeakPipe account. You can access your SpeakPipe mailbox from any computer or mobile device. The SpeakPipe mailbox has an option to download a voice message as an MP3 file, so you can put it on your website or insert it into a podcast.
Adding SpeakPipe to WordPress
In case if you use wordpress.com you can create your personal voicemail page on SpeakPipe and add a link to the voicemail page to your blog. Create voicemail page
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Click on “Plugins” of the sidebar menu, then click “Add New” on the Plugins page.
- Download the SpeakPipe plugin for WordPress. Click here to download it.
- Click “Upload” and choose the downloaded plugin file. Click “Install now”.
- After the plugin installed, click “Activate Plugin”.
- Go to the SpeakPipe plugin Settings.
- Enter your SpeakPipe Account ID on the settings page.
Your SpeakPipe Account ID:
- Click “Save Changes”
- Important note: if you have any software or plugins for caching pages on your WordPress, you have to reset cache (otherwise your visitors will not see the SpeakPipe widget on your website)
- Open your website’s main page and check that the SpeakPipe button appears on the middle-right side of the page. Click on it and try to send a voice message.
- Go to your inbox and listen to your message.
- Customize your widget: set sidebar button position, color, text in widget settings at https://www.speakpipe.com/account/settings/widget