On the approximate 17th Anniversary of its launch, I proudly present my first website produced solely by my own hands. Screenshots below! www.broekmancomm.com/foursquare
From July 2001 to May 2002, I served as Marketing Director of FourSquare Executive Relocation’s Amsterdam, The Netherlands offices. I was recruited to establish and launch their new corporate identity and branding campaign of newly founded Amsterdam-based executive relocation company. After 17 years with another partner, they decided to part ways and create a new direction. Together, Michelle Bar Pereg and I launched a comprehensive brand management, marketing, advertising and public relations campaign. I provided re-engineering operations, business development strategy and consulting services along with Jeffrey Tromp and a board of advisors.
Absolutely adored working with Michelle’s husband, Josef Bar Pereg, a brilliant, intelligent and artistic designer who taught me the foundations of graphic design, art direction, layout design and more. Honored to have served with him!
Foursquare went out to be acquired by Cendant Mobility Services Ltd. (also provides relocation and related management services). The company is based in Swindon, the United Kingdom. Cendant Mobility Services Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of Cartus Limited (https://www.cartus.com/en/global/about-cartus/).
I recently embraced the use of VINE for marketing promotions, PR and business development. I’m the type of guy that can always find a way to make something practical, but VINE for the 30-something marketer…. definitely out of the box.
What is Vine?
Vine is a mobile service that lets you create and share short looping videos. Videos you post to Vine will appear on your Vine profile and the timelines of your Vine followers. Posts can also be shared to Twitter or Facebook. (straight from Vine’s website (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170317 – yes, Twitter owns VINE!). For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IDEAS:
1. VINE video introduction showcasing staff. Or do just for new team members. Remember those cool witty interview type bios that started trending in mid-2000s… VINE video will take that highlighting favorite color, clothes, music, artistic style, etc. to a whole new level (yes, it’s okay to have the dog in there too!)
2. For your publicists – witty poignant VINE video interviews of your thought leading CEOs / CMOs
3. Entertainment – why not think of VINE as a new way to create special threatical release TRAILER for your film or new take before DVD release…..
4. Hey you recording label reps and music executives…. MTV video (check), Vimeo/YouTube (check)… why not special release out-takes or special “VINE only” video
5. Cause marketing executives and PR pros – make your “cause” that more real by highlighting the impact you are making with a cool VINE vid showcasing a “1-minute in the life of the org”
The list goes on…. interested in ideas for your business? Hit me up @broekman or call 818-212-9201 or worse than that, hire me!
How do I get started?
Vine is currently available for iOS/iPhones and Android devices. You can download Vine for iOS in the Apple App Store, and Vine for Android in the Google Play Store. After installing Vine on your device, you can sign up using an email address or sign in with your Twitter account. Once you’ve logged in, you can find people to follow, post your own videos, and more.
How do I find people I know on Vine?
You can quickly find people you know on Vine through your device’s address book and people you follow on Twitter. You can also search for people on Vine or invite them via text message or email. To get started, tap the menu button in the top left corner, select “Profile”, and then tap the button with two people on it in the top right corner.
For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
TIPS to getting most out of VINE experience
– Use a tripod or at least have a steady hand
– Understand the goals of what you are trying to capture
– Research “ghost feature” for stop motion if that applies to your video!
– You don’t need to shoot ALL at once – take your time and have fun
– Time lapse videos – test out your iphone tapping to make sure you’re capturing what you want!
– FYI, you can get 140 taps into one VINE or that’s almost 24 frames per second! Don’t tap too hard!
– Per Ian Padgham (@origiful), Video Producer at Twitter…..
“After finishing your Vine video and tapping the check icon, you end up on the share screen.
At this point, you can still tap back (left facing arrow in the top left corner of the screen)
to review your video. You can also close the app and go to your Photo Gallery – a video file of
your video will already be saved to your phone. Reviewing before posting is always a smart idea
and can help you avoid posting a clip you might want to redo.”
Specializing in Marketing for Attorneys, Law Firms & Legal Industry Professionals
BRANDING & IDENTITY CAMPAIGNS
Establishing strong a brand image is an important factor in “winning” the online branding unofficial card. Yes, having an establishing firm logo that stands the test of time coupled with an impeccable reputation will certainly keep your firm pumping. For those of you branching off large firms and creating your own firm, we can help you build that new logo / business card / letterhead package. For those firms that feel their logo has become old and stale, we can refresh your identity with a 2013/2014 touch; sometimes it’s all about repackaging.
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT & SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
Bringing corporate branding, graphic design, copywriting, online marketing, search engine optimization and social media to law firms. We’ll help you repackage your website… we’ll teach your marketing department all the tricks… we’ll train you on why keywords are good copywriting and a solid home page are really important…. AND help you advertise your firm without an advertising budget or spend!!!
COACHING & IN-HOUSE SEMINARS
With over 4 years experience helping entrepreneurs, 2-3 partners, small businesses and medium-sized companies take themselves to the next level…. we are here to share best practices, visionary marketing, business development/sales planning and marketing execution & implementation.
PAST CLIENTS / REPRESENTATIONS
Staging for NEW website for Ronen Kleinman’s firm.
Having created original website for The Margulies Law Firm, developed new branding effort for partners Craig Margulies and Jeremy Faith who joined forces in 2012. Identity Campaign includes: Logo, Business cards, letterhead, communication templates and a brand new website with SEO.
New identity & branding effort for 15+ year Bankruptcy law firm
Launched branding campaign for industry expert John Childers, law firm consultancy
Developed and launched new brand identity and website for Sunset Blvd. Law Firm that specializes in Real Estate, Business Litigation, and Intellectual Property. Responsible for strategy, copywriting, graphic design, art direction, photography, user interface, coding/programming, and optimization. Developed CMS system using WordPress. View at www.RPBlaw.com.
Revamped and relaunched firm website for Century City-based law firm specializing in Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Real Estate. Worked with senior partners to design and launch new user interface, give facelift to entire website, and completely restructure content management system. Responsible for strategy, graphic design, art direction, new user interface, coding/programming (coldfusion), and extensive backend database work. View at www.PWKllp.com.
New firm consulting. Advisory to brand development and online marketing. Identity campaign include logo development, business cards, letterhead and envelopesRead More »
QR codes (or Quick Response codes) are those awesome bar code looking boxes you have been seeing everywhere from posters, magazine ads, theatrical billboards and juice boxes (yes, I have kids).
Using a cool APP QR Code Reader (like this one in iTunes) on your mobile device (yes including your iPhone 5) or tablet (okay fine, your iPad mini or iPad 2), you’ll be able to READ that bar code that is storing…..
- WEB URLs for quick & easy jump to your company’s or organization’s website
- PROMO codes for deals, coupons
- Special WEBSITE LANDING PAGES to promote special events, deals, press and more
- Phone numbers or email addresses so that your visitors can find out WHO TO RSVP for that party
- Or ANY INFORMATION for those participating in your ONLINE or brick-and-mortar Scavenger Hunt.
FOLKS, it’s time to get serious as QR codes can store up to 4296 characters!!! That’s a lot of words!!
As QRStuff puts it = “Think “print-based hypertext links” and you’ll get the idea.”
Speaking of QR Stuff,
I dig their QR Code creator.
4 EASY STEPS.
With their free version you get access to basic QR code great
for Web, email & social media.
When you need something HIGHER RESOLUTION for PRINT & GRAPHIC DESIGN needs, then I turn to QR Code Generator . Just login and create account and you can customize the pixel size to whatever you need!!!!!! http://www.the-qrcode-
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website.
Dropbox also makes it super easy to share with others, whether you’re a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear! You can relax knowing that Dropbox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost.
Dropbox synchronizes your files between computers. Whenever you create a Dropbox folder on one computer, files you put inside it get copied to all of your other computers’ Dropbox folders. That way, you don’t have to carry around a flash drive!
Feel free to take THE TOUR about DROPBOX!
To learn more ABOUT DROPBOX CLICK HERE
Your stuff is safe
Dropbox protects your files without you needing to think about it.
- Dropbox keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- Transmission of files occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL) where supported, and files are encrypted when stored on Dropbox’s servers.
Setting Up Dropbox for the First Time
The following instructions are for Macintosh computers. To set up Dropbox at home, just go to dropbox.com and follow the directions, but they are VERY close for a PC.
PC Instructions are here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=win
1. Go to dropbox.com
2. Click Download Dropbox
3. A dropbox.dmg file will be downloaded to your computer. Open that file.
4. Now look at your desktop. Double-click the white box labelled Dropbox.
5. A window appears with a blue background. Try dragging Dropbox to the Applications folder.
6. Double-click Dropbox. The installation window appears.
7. If you already have a Dropbox account, pick I have a Dropbox account and skip to the next section. Otherwise, just click Next.
8. Type in your name, e-mail address and a password to create an account. The password is a secret only to you so please keep record.
9. Click through the brief Dropbox tutorial.
10. Once you’re done, your Dropbox folder should open up. Leave it open for the next step.
Sharing Your Work Folder
1. If your Dropbox folder isn’t open, click on the Dropbox icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then, click Open Dropbox Folder.
2. In the Dropbox folder, right-click and click New Folder. Try to Create a folder indicating a subject closely related to what you’re uploading. For instance if you want to upload several new images for our website or brochure, just title the folder “Website New Images 12-28-12“. This will help keep us organized so that our Master folder will contain individual folders of key assets!
3. Right-click on your newly created “Website New Images 12-28-12” folder. On the Dropbox menu, pick Share This Folder.
4. A browser window will open up, asking you for an email address to share the folder with. Type away!! and click Share.
1. Log into your Dropbox with your e-mail address and password you choose upon set-up.
2. On the left side, click Sharing.
3. Click on the invitation you received.
4. Click on ACCEPT.
Check remaining space on the Dropbox website
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- On the top right of the screen, click on your name to get the account menu
- The bar under your email address represents your Dropbox space usage
Amount of space left on a Dropbox account from the account menu
For more detail, you can click on Settings to be taken to your account settings. For a shortcut, clickhere.
How secure is Dropbox?
Dropbox takes the security and the safety of your data very seriously. We use the best tools and engineering practices available to build and maintain Dropbox, and we have a dedicated security team making sure that Dropbox remains secure. Your files are stored securely and backed-up. Your account login is protected by many layers of security including password and two-step verification.
For our advanced users
- Dropbox uses modern encryption methods to both transfer and store your data.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption.
- Dropbox website and client software are constantly being hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks.
- Two-step verification is available for an extra layer of security at login. You can choose to receive security codes by text message or via any Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) apps, such as those listed here.
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s).
Dropbox uses Amazon’s Simple Storage Service (S3) for storage, which has a robust security policy of its own. You can find more information on Amazon’s data security from the S3 site or, read more about how Dropbox and Amazon securely stores data.
Access via third-party apps
Some third party apps with Dropbox integration will ask for permission to access your Dropbox. To grant access, you will need to log in to your Dropbox account and explicitly press the Authorizebutton when prompted. You can visit the My Apps section of your account settings to review the apps you’ve granted permission to and revoke access at your discretion.
How do I rejoin a shared folder?
If you’ve left a shared folder accidentally or your shared folder no longer syncs (files appear to be old or missing), you can rejoin it through the Dropbox website.
Rejoin a Shared Folder from the Dropbox website:
- Sign in to the Dropbox website (if you haven’t already)
- Click on Sharing from the sidebar on the left
- Select the Past folders from the drop-down menu on the top right of the page
- Click on the icon next to the folder you’d like to rejoin and press Rejoin
Share a folder on the Dropbox website
To share an existing folder, the folder has to be in your Dropbox folder. You can create a folder in your Dropbox folder just as you would anywhere else on your hard drive.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- Click on Sharing from the sidebar on the left
- Press the button labeled New shared folder
The New shared folder button
Create a shared folder from the file browser
You can also create shared folders by selecting an existing folder from the file browser and clickingInvite to folder from the blue bar across the top. For an even quicker shortcut, control-click the file or folder from the file browser and select Invite to folder from the contextual menu.
Share a folder on Mac OS X
If you haven’t already, install the Dropbox desktop application on your computer for seamless Dropbox integration.
- Open your Dropbox folder.
- Right-click or Control-click on the folder you want to share. A contextual menu will appear.
- Select Dropbox > Share This Folder… This will send you to the sharing page on the Dropbox website
Select Share This Folder… from the contextual menu
- Enter the email addresses of whomever you want to add to your shared folder
- Add a personal message if you’d like and click Share Folder
How do I leave a shared folder?
You can leave a shared folder at any time from the folder’s sharing options. If you’re the owner of a shared folder, you have the ability to unshare the folder or remove (kick out) certain members of the shared folder.
Leave a shared folder
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- Select Sharing tab from the sidebar on the left
- Click the Options link to the right of the shared folder
- Select the Members tab at the top of the resulting window
- Click Leave this shared folder button