Tag Archives: linkedin company pages
Company Pages – Frequently Asked Questions
Straight from Linkedin’s amazing help section we’ve found that many clients ask us how to set up their company pages. While yes we do moderate pages for a select few clients, we find that it’s sooo empowering for folks like us to unveil the mystery and give you the resources. So if you haven’t googled a question and landed on this section before, here goes!!!
WHAT IS A COMPANY PAGE?
A Company Page helps LinkedIn members learn about your business, brand, and job opportunities. Any LinkedIn member can follow a Company Page.
Learn what you can do with your Company Page. If you want to set up a page for your organization, first check out the requirements to add a Company Page and read the basics on how to add a Company Page.
- How can I become an administrator on my Company Page?
- What can Company Page administrators do and how do I assign one?
- How do I edit my Company Page?
- Who can add a Company Page?
- How do I add current employees to my Company Page?
- How do I remove people who don’t belong on my Company Page?
- How do I add an additional Company Page for a related or subsidiary company?
- What is a company update?
- How does a company post an update?
- What is Sponsored Update?
- How do I sponsor my Company Updates on LinkedIn?
- What are some best practices for posting a Company Update?
- What are some best practices for Sponsored Updates?
- What are some frequently asked questions for Sponsored Updates?
- Is there any tracking and reporting for Company Updates?
- Why can’t I share certain links in an update?
- What are Silver and Gold Career Pages?
- How do I see who’s been viewing my Company Page?
- How do I set up my Gold Career Page to use audience targeting?
- How do I control which ads appear on my Career Page?
- How do I edit my company’s Career Page?
- Which jobs will be featured on my company’s Career Page?
- How do I post a job to my Company Page?
Learn more about using LinkedIn for marketing.
Posting a Company Update
How does a company post an update?
- Enter your update in the Share an update box on the Company Page Home tab.
- Click the paper clip icon to attach a rich media file (optional).
- Enter a URL link within the update box to share a link (optional).
- Click Share.
Note: Updates will be displayed in the language you use to enter your update.
See our Company Updates Best Practices or play the video below on posting Company Updates.
When you include a URL in your update, you’ll usually see a preview with a thumbnail image, article title, and some text. If an image is not available, the preview area will have a No image foundmessage. You can also upload a custom image file from your computer.
To upload your custom image:
- Enter an update with a URL.
- When the preview image appears, click the upload image icon (looks like a square with a plus sign) in the upper right of the image thumbnail.
- Select the image file you want to upload. The file type should be JPG, GIF, or PNG, and max size of 100MB.
- Your uploaded image will be automatically resized to fit the 180 x 110 pixel thumbnail space.
- Click Share.
If you’re still not able to upload your image, contact us and attach the image you wanted to upload so we can troubleshoot the issue.