Tag Archives: windows server 2012
We recently set up a few new accounts with GoDaddy and have had an overall really positive experience with the revamping of all WEB HOSTING packages. We understand how some found GoDaddy’s custom interfaces confusing, well now Godaddy has leveled the playing field with a really nice User Interface including Linux Web Hosting with cPanel, Windows Server 2012 Hosting with Parallels Plesk Panel. Gone is the pure Linux vs Windows with GoDaddy’s backend (unless you have an existing account like me… yes, we are SOL until we set up a new plan!!!). 🙂
BUT, definitely ADDED VALUE.
1) Free Domain with purchase to get you started with your business, non-profit or organization
2) The email plans we were so use to buying and then having to upgrade to get imap support for iphones/ipads now is INCLUDED within your plan. Those emails, while they may show up in your Email Module, are actually TIED 100% to your hosting. If you cancel or switch hosting, and need to configure again, BE MINDFUL THAT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS as they are TIED TO YOUR HOSTING cPanel or Plesk!!!! I lost emails twice over the weekend without knowing this relatively new feature. GONE are the days of upgrading the 1 user 1GB account to a 2gb 2 user account or the recent 10 accounts for unlimited space!!! GONE!
3) Definitely the newbies entering the GoDaddy space will by far benefit from these packages. It’s those of us who have set up 200, 300, nay, 400+ accounts and are so used to our old medieval ways…. we must CHANGE and w w w . M O V E O N . c o m.
Yes, go with the flow. We are not old yet. We can handle a few more of these. Don’t give up. Still the best in customer service overall…. even with the mishaps. They make up for it in the end.
We as developers MUST prepare better communication with our clients
* Predict what issues may arise by laying down a launch plan and play an active role in the IT / back-end aspects (don’t get scared)- once you have the foundation it will be copy/paste/repeat again;
* Expect the unexpected (yes, weird glitches can happen with ANY hosting company; still best UP TIME across the board);
* Overcome the problems by presenting solutions.
* Own your mistakes and don’t be quick to just blame GoDaddy (or Bluehost or Network Solutions). Sometimes the error is on us. Clients appreciate honesty and transparency and not the finger pointing. 🙂